Thursday 1 November 2012

Decorative top stitching


With all the baby blankets ive been making i wanted to try some new top stitching styles, to try and develop some skills hopefully, and i was inspired by this post at Stay at Home Artist. So i had a play with my sewing machine and investigated what decorative stitches it does and then tried a few out on the blankets. The wavy lines and zigzags were my favourite, especially in a contrasting colour to the blanket.
I also invested in a double needle to try out double row stitching. I always wondered how people got such a neat second row so in line with the first and then make it love it opened my eyes to double needles! I couldnt recommend them enough, it gives things a really professional finish which is occasionally lacking in my handmade items!


Have a play with your sewing machine today, you could well be amazed at what it can do!



1 comment:

  1. I love the double stitching in different colors...great idea! Glad I could help inspire you. :)

    ReplyDelete