Saturday 10 November 2012

Teacup Birdfeeder

I love the tea cup bird feeders that are about at the moment so i thought id have a go at making my own. I got my mum to search her cupboards and the local charity shops for some nice tea cups (great work Muma!) and i picked a few i liked.
(Sorry i forgot to take a picture of just the tea cups before glueing them, so these have the bails already attached)

 
First off I glued the cups to the saucers with strong adhesive and then glued the bails (i bought mine from ebay) to the cups. These are going to go outside so make sure your glue is permanent and suitable for outdoor use


(These are the bails i used)

Once everything was dry i fixed a chain to each of the bails and then joined them together at the top with a hook
I bought the chain from hobby craft and the hook from B&Q
Theyre ready to use like that, just fill them with bird seed, but i wanted to add bird cake to the teacup part.
I used this receipe from the RSPB and packed it in the tea cup
http://www.rspb.org.uk/youth/makeanddo/activities/birdcake.aspx
Heres one hanging in my mums backgarden, hopefully the bird (and not the squirrels!) will like it as much as i do :)















No comments:

Post a Comment