Monday 9 January 2012

Handmade handbag

OK so I've not actually posted anything I've made on here yet, but I am working on stuff, mainly a big knitted blanket/throw which should be finished soon - pictures to follow. So instead I thought I'd post about the stuff I really want to make this year.
Lisa over at U-Handblog gives away her some of amazing handmade handbag patterns for free. The instructions are really clear and you can buy all the bits you need from her online shop, u-handbag.com, as well. She has some lovely leather handbag handles that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. I tried making her For Pleat's Sake Tote last year but got all my measurements messed up and it was a bit of a disaster! I'm also not the neatest and most accurate of sewers so it was even more wonky because of that! So this year I'm going to try again. I've bought some gorgeous brown leather handles from u-handbag, some cute Michael Miller Bonehead Fabric in grey for the outside and some fifties inspired blue fabric for the lining. I'll post photos once I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment