Friday 16 August 2013

Picture Wall / Hanging Pictures

So the final finishing touches in the new house are pictures. Im always a bit wary about any permanent changes so i always delay hanging pictures until im sure. In addition im terrible at hanging pictures, i usually end up with 2 or 3 times as many holes as i actually need!
But ive seen loads of people use paper templates to create picture walls, like Ruby reDesign, so i decided to give it a try.
I cut brown paper the same size as my pictures, marked where the hanger was, and then positioned them on the wall until i was happy.

Then i hammered a hook in through the paper, hung the picture to check the placement and then pulled the paper away.
I managed to hang all 8 pictures with just 8 holes! Thats pretty much a first for me :)

I used the same technique again in the hall. Im pretty much always going to use this technique from now on - dont you just love the internet for tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment